Tim is a kind, humble Londoner who had a successful career. Sadly in October 2016, his world was turned upside down when he was diagnosed with non-Hodgkin lymphoma. Since then, he has had many ups and downs, including multiple bouts of chemotherapy.
Tim has recently relapsed and has been told by doctors that his best chance of survival is to receive a blood stem cell transplant.
As Tim is adopted, he is entirely dependent on finding a suitable match from an unrelated donor. However, so far, a match has not been identified.
Can you help change this?
If you are between the ages of 17-55 and in good general health, register as a potential blood stem cell donor. Together, we can help Tim and others find the lifesaving match they need.
If you are already registered please keep spreading the words about blood cancer and blood stem cell donation. Together we can save more lives!
Check your eligibility
Your age, location and current health status are important. Check to see if you can become a blood stem cell donor.
Your age, location and health are importantSee if you are eligible
As a registered donor, you will be on standby to save life.
Do you live in the UK?
Is this your first registration with a stem cell donor registry?
Please enter your date of birth.
Please select measurement unit and enter your details
You are an eligible donor!
Thank you! You can become a potential donor! That’s it. You’re now on the road to becoming a lifesaving blood stem cell donor.
Thank you for your support.
If you did register before, you do not need to register again.
There are other ways to help.
Help us raise funds
Have you had any of these conditions?
Before you register, please check that you are able to donate by looking at the list below.
You will NOT be able to register if you have any of the following conditions:
- Weight under 7 stone 12lbs/50kg
- Obesity (i.e. body mass index (BMI) >40)
- Severe heart, lung or kidney diseases
- Severe illness of the central nervous system
- Severe mental health conditions
- Severe metabolic diseases
- Addictions (alcohol, drugs, tablets)
- Severe tropical infectious diseases
- Infectious diseases like HIV, Hepatitis B or Hepatitis C, Syphilis
- Systemic autoimmune diseases or other severe chronic illnesses (e.g. diabetes or rheumatism)
- Cancer (including being cancer-free, but having had cancer in the past). Exception: Basalioma and cervical carcinomain situ (if fully removed)
- Diseases of the haematopoeitic system (blood disorders)
If you have or have had in the past, a chronic or serious condition, or take any medication regularly, please discuss this with a member of our team for initial guidance by calling us on T:020 8747 5620 or sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.