Terry is a hardworking husband and father of two. He is a fun-loving guy and is known to always have a smile on his face. Terry loves spending time with his family and friends, travelling and is a huge Manchester United fan. He has worked in construction for over 20 years. He is a big fan of hit TV shows Gold Rush and Storage Hunters.
Whilst on a dream family holiday in America, Terry didn’t feel well and once he returned, he went to the doctors. Two weeks later, Terry suffered a stroke. After which, he was diagnosed with acute myeloid leukaemia. He was left completely paralysed on his left side. Whilst having intensive chemotherapy, he had to undergo demanding physio sessions to learn how to walk and dress himself again.
Terry miraculously recovered and was able to return to work. Unfortunately, Terry recently relapsed and doctors informed him he was in desperate need of a blood stem cell donation.
Happily, a matching blood stem cell donor has now been found for Terry. Terry's donor will be giving him his second chance of life in December 2017. Best of luck Terry!
We want to thank everyone who got involved in Terry’s appeal. You can continue to follow Terry’s journey on his Facebook page #Match4Terry
Please keep raising awareness and registering as potential blood stem cell donors so we can help more people get a second chance of life.
Check your eligibility
Your age, location and current health status are important. Check to see if you can become a blood stem cell donor.
Your age, location and health are importantSee if you are eligible
As a registered donor, you will be on standby to save life.
Do you live in the UK?
Is this your first registration with a stem cell donor registry?
Please enter your date of birth.
Please enter your details
You are an eligible donor!
Thank you! You can become a potential donor! That’s it. You’re now on the road to becoming a lifesaving blood stem cell donor.
Thank you for your support.
If you did register before, you do not need to register again.
There are other ways to help.
Help us raise funds
Have you had any of these conditions?
Before you register, please check that you are able to donate by looking at the list below.
You will NOT be able to register if you have any of the following conditions:
- Weight under 7 stone 12lbs/50kg
- Obesity (i.e. body mass index (BMI) >40)
- Severe heart, lung or kidney diseases
- Severe illness of the central nervous system
- Severe mental health conditions
- Severe metabolic diseases
- Additctions (alcohol, drugs, tablets)
- Severe tropical infectious diseases
- Infectious diseases like HIV, Hepatitis B or Hepatitis C, Syphilis
- Systemic autoimmune diseases or other severe chronic illnesses (e.g. diabetes or rheumatism)
- Cancer (including being cancer-free, but having had cancer in the past). Exception: Basalioma and cervical carcinomain situ (if fully removed)
- Diseases of the haematopoeitic system (blood disorders)
If you have or have had in the past, a chronic or serious condition, or take any medication regularly, please discuss this with a member of our team for initial guidance by calling us on T:020 8747 5620 or sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.