Dedicated father of two boys, Peter, from Cheshire was diagnosed with myeloma in March 2017.
Peter is known to love a challenge. He’s completed an Ironman, holds a private pilot’s license and is also a qualified rugby coach. But today Peter is facing his biggest challenge yet and he needs your help.
Having received two rounds of chemotherapy, which failed, Peter is now on his third round but he has been told that his only chance at a longer healthy life is a blood stem cell donation.
Unfortunately, a match hasn’t been found in Peter’s family and his second chance of life now rests on finding an unrelated match.
Peter has a passion for all sports, from supporting Leed’s Rhinos Rugby League team to Newcastle United Football Club but he values family and friends above all else.
His positive outlook is now firmly fixed on his diagnosis:
“My aim is to use myeloma as a catalyst for living a better, more fulfilling life and documenting the changes I am making in all aspects of my family and work commitments.”
You could be the match who Peter is searching for. Let his drive be the catalyst that inspires you to register as a potential lifesaver.
Already registered? There is no need to register again but please continue to raise awareness by talking to your family and friends and encouraging them to register.
You can continue to follow Peter’s journey on his blog.
Check your eligibility
Your age, location and current health status are important. Check to see if you can become a blood stem cell donor.
Your age, location and health are importantSee if you are eligible
As a registered donor, you will be on standby to save life.
Do you live in the UK?
Is this your first registration with a stem cell donor registry?
Please enter your date of birth.
Please enter your details
You are an eligible donor!
Thank you! You can become a potential donor! That’s it. You’re now on the road to becoming a lifesaving blood stem cell donor.
Thank you for your support.
If you did register before, you do not need to register again.
There are other ways to help.
Help us raise funds
Have you had any of these conditions?
Before you register, please check that you are able to donate by looking at the list below.
You will NOT be able to register if you have any of the following conditions:
- Weight under 7 stone 12lbs/50kg
- Obesity (i.e. body mass index (BMI) >40)
- Severe heart, lung or kidney diseases
- Severe illness of the central nervous system
- Severe mental health conditions
- Severe metabolic diseases
- Additctions (alcohol, drugs, tablets)
- Severe tropical infectious diseases
- Infectious diseases like HIV, Hepatitis B or Hepatitis C, Syphilis
- Systemic autoimmune diseases or other severe chronic illnesses (e.g. diabetes or rheumatism)
- Cancer (including being cancer-free, but having had cancer in the past). Exception: Basalioma and cervical carcinomain situ (if fully removed)
- Diseases of the haematopoeitic system (blood disorders)
If you have or have had in the past, a chronic or serious condition, or take any medication regularly, please discuss this with a member of our team for initial guidance by calling us on T:020 8747 5620 or sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.