56-year-old Delroy is a father of eight and star of TV series, ‘Can’t Pay? We’ll Take it Away!’. He lives in South London and has a large, loving family, with six grandchildren and four brothers and sisters.
Sadly, Delroy’s life was turned upside down in November 2016 when he was diagnosed with acute myeloid leukaemia. Doctors told Delroy he needed a blood stem cell donation from a matching donor to give him the best chance of survival but there was no match for him neither in the UK, nor worldwide.
Happily, Delroy has now found his matching blood stem cell donor who will give him a second chance of life in November 2017. Good luck Delroy!
A massive thank you to everyone who’s shared Delroy’s appeal, registered as a potential blood stem cell donor and helped us a make the stem cell registry more diverse.
Please keep raising awareness and registering as potential donors so we can help more people get a second chance of life, whatever their ethnicity.
Watch the video and register below
Check your eligibility
Your age, location and current health status are important. Check to see if you can become a blood stem cell donor.
Your age, location and health are importantSee if you are eligible
As a registered donor, you will be on standby to save life.
Do you live in the UK or British Islands?
DKMS in the UK accepts registrations from the UK, Channel Islands and the Isle of Man.
Is this your first registration with a stem cell donor registry?
Please enter your date of birth.
Please select measurement unit and enter your details
You are an eligible donor!
Thank you! You can become a potential donor! That’s it. You’re now on the road to becoming a lifesaving blood stem cell donor.
Thank you for your support.
If you did register before, you do not need to register again.
There are other ways to help.
Help us raise funds
Have you had any of these conditions?
Before you register, please check that you are able to donate by looking at the list below.
You will NOT be able to register if you have any of the following conditions:
- Weight under 7 stone 12lbs/50kg
- Obesity (i.e. body mass index (BMI) >40)
- Severe heart, lung or kidney diseases
- Severe illness of the central nervous system
- Severe mental health conditions
- Severe metabolic diseases
- Addictions (alcohol, drugs, tablets)
- Severe tropical infectious diseases
- Infectious diseases like HIV, Hepatitis B or Hepatitis C, Syphilis
- Systemic autoimmune diseases or other severe chronic illnesses (e.g. diabetes or rheumatism)
- Cancer (including being cancer-free, but having had cancer in the past). Exception: Basalioma and cervical carcinomain situ (if fully removed)
- Diseases of the haematopoeitic system (blood disorders)
If you have or have had in the past, a chronic or serious condition, or take any medication regularly, please discuss this with a member of our team for initial guidance by calling us on T:020 8747 5620 or sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.