Yoga instructor and mother-of-two, Tania, was diagnosed with acute myeloid leukaemia in May 2016. Doctors have now told her that a blood stem cell donation from a matching donor is her best chance of survival.
A warm, caring and loving soul, Tania is a strong believer in the power of positive thinking and loves nothing more than spending time with family and friends in the sunshine. She lives in a small seaside town with her husband, Kris, and children, Tayla and Kalan.
Anyone aged 17-55 and in general good health could be a matching donor for Tania, but it is most likely to be someone who shares her Balkan/British heritage.
If you are eligible to register as a potential blood stem cell donor, please do so below. You could be a match for Tania, or anyone else in need of a blood stem cell donation.
Check your eligibility
Your age, location and current health status are important. Check to see if you can become a blood stem cell donor.
Your age, location and health are importantSee if you are eligible
As a registered donor, you will be on standby to save life.
Do you live in the UK?
Is this your first registration with a stem cell donor registry?
Please enter your date of birth.
Please enter your details
You are an eligible donor!
Thank you! You can become a potential donor! That’s it. You’re now on the road to becoming a lifesaving blood stem cell donor.
Thank you for your support.
If you did register before, you do not need to register again.
There are other ways to help.
Help us raise funds
Have you had any of these conditions?
Before you register, please check that you are able to donate by looking at the list below.
You will NOT be able to register if you have any of the following conditions:
- Weight under 7 stone 12lbs/50kg
- Obesity (i.e. body mass index (BMI) >40)
- Severe heart, lung or kidney diseases
- Severe illness of the central nervous system
- Severe mental health conditions
- Severe metabolic diseases
- Additctions (alcohol, drugs, tablets)
- Severe tropical infectious diseases
- Infectious diseases like HIV, Hepatitis B or Hepatitis C, Syphilis
- Systemic autoimmune diseases or other severe chronic illnesses (e.g. diabetes or rheumatism)
- Cancer (including being cancer-free, but having had cancer in the past). Exception: Basalioma and cervical carcinomain situ (if fully removed)
- Diseases of the haematopoeitic system (blood disorders)
If you have or have had in the past, a chronic or serious condition, or take any medication regularly, please discuss this with a member of our team for initial guidance by calling us on T:020 8747 5620 or sending an email to email@example.com.