A future without their mother is something no young children should have to be facing. Unfortunately, that could be the case for Elsa’s six and eight-year-old children.
Elsa is a doting mother, loving wife, and keen swimmer who loves nothing more than spending time with her family. Sadly though, she has been diagnosed with acute lymphoblastic leukaemia and has been told that a blood stem cell donation from a matching donor is her best chance of survival.
A matching donor hasn’t been found, so Elsa’s family have launched a #Match4Elsa campaign urging people to register as potential blood stem cell donors.
Elsa has an East African heritage and so a matching donor is most likely to be someone with a similar background. However, anyone who registers as a potential donor could be the match Elsa or someone else desperately needs.
If you are already registered and on standby to save a life, please spread the word amongst family and friends. The more people that know about blood stem cell donation, the more lives can be saved.
Check your eligibility
Your age, location and current health status are important. Check to see if you can become a blood stem cell donor.
Your age, location and health are importantSee if you are eligible
As a registered donor, you will be on standby to save life.
Do you live in the UK or British Islands?
DKMS in the UK accepts registrations from the UK, Channel Islands and the Isle of Man.
Is this your first registration with a stem cell donor registry?
Please enter your date of birth.
Please select measurement unit and enter your details
You are an eligible donor!
Thank you! You can become a potential donor! That’s it. You’re now on the road to becoming a lifesaving blood stem cell donor.
Thank you for your support.
If you did register before, you do not need to register again.
There are other ways to help.
Help us raise funds
Have you had any of these conditions?
Before you register, please check that you are able to donate by looking at the list below.
You will NOT be able to register if you have any of the following conditions:
- Weight under 7 stone 12lbs/50kg
- Obesity (i.e. body mass index (BMI) >40)
- Severe heart, lung or kidney diseases
- Severe illness of the central nervous system
- Severe mental health conditions
- Severe metabolic diseases
- Addictions (alcohol, drugs, tablets)
- Severe tropical infectious diseases
- Infectious diseases like HIV, Hepatitis B or Hepatitis C, Syphilis
- Systemic autoimmune diseases or other severe chronic illnesses (e.g. diabetes or rheumatism)
- Cancer (including being cancer-free, but having had cancer in the past). Exception: Basalioma and cervical carcinomain situ (if fully removed)
- Diseases of the haematopoeitic system (blood disorders)
If you have or have had in the past, a chronic or serious condition, or take any medication regularly, please discuss this with a member of our team for initial guidance by calling us on T:020 8747 5620 or sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.