Seven-year-old Jasmi from Bury St Edmunds is a caring and wise little girl who loves music, fashion and riding her bike with friends.
Sadly though, Jasmi was diagnosed with acute lymphoblastic leukaemia in 2014. For a while, it looked like a blood stem cell donation from a matching donor would be necessary, but in the end, Jasmi didn’t need one.
Devastatingly, Jasmi’s leukaemia returned and this time doctors told her family that she urgently needed to find a matching blood stem cell donor to give her the best chance of survival.
Jasmi’s appeal has received a great response from the public and backed by global Superstars like Ed Sheeran, Beastie Boy Ad Rock, Jimmy Doherty of Jimmy’s Farm, musicians Nizlopi, The Suffers, Lou Rhodes, Grant Ley and Becky Jago from ITV news.
It’s with great delight that we can announce that Jasmi has now found her matching blood stem cell donor, just in time for her birthday, which she celebrated on 14 October – what a fantastic gift! Best of luck as you move forward with your blood stem cell transplant Jasmi, you’ll be in our thoughts.
Huge thanks to everyone who’s supported Jasmi’s appeal and helped to find her and other people in her situation a potentially lifesaving blood stem cell donor! Please keep registering as potential donors so we can give more people like Jasmi a second chance of life.
Check your eligibility
Your age, location and current health status are important. Check to see if you can become a blood stem cell donor.
Your age, location and health are importantSee if you are eligible
As a registered donor, you will be on standby to save life.
Do you live in the UK?
Is this your first registration with a stem cell donor registry?
Please enter your date of birth.
Please select measurement unit and enter your details
You are an eligible donor!
Thank you! You can become a potential donor! That’s it. You’re now on the road to becoming a lifesaving blood stem cell donor.
Thank you for your support.
If you did register before, you do not need to register again.
There are other ways to help.
Help us raise funds
Have you had any of these conditions?
Before you register, please check that you are able to donate by looking at the list below.
You will NOT be able to register if you have any of the following conditions:
- Weight under 7 stone 12lbs/50kg
- Obesity (i.e. body mass index (BMI) >40)
- Severe heart, lung or kidney diseases
- Severe illness of the central nervous system
- Severe mental health conditions
- Severe metabolic diseases
- Addictions (alcohol, drugs, tablets)
- Severe tropical infectious diseases
- Infectious diseases like HIV, Hepatitis B or Hepatitis C, Syphilis
- Systemic autoimmune diseases or other severe chronic illnesses (e.g. diabetes or rheumatism)
- Cancer (including being cancer-free, but having had cancer in the past). Exception: Basalioma and cervical carcinomain situ (if fully removed)
- Diseases of the haematopoeitic system (blood disorders)
If you have or have had in the past, a chronic or serious condition, or take any medication regularly, please discuss this with a member of our team for initial guidance by calling us on T:020 8747 5620 or sending an email to email@example.com.